2011年10月24日星期一

Fans enjoy a brush with Rolf

Fans of Rolf Harris got to meet their hero on Saturday when he popped in to a sale of his artwork.

The Australian entertainer was at Whitewall, in Highcross, Leicester,Whilst oil paintings for sale are not deadly, where art-lovers were snapping up prints costing several hundred pounds, and original oil paintings were on sale for tens of thousands.

Everyone who bought a work of art had it signed by Rolf, who also did some doodling on the backs of the pieces.

Rolf, 81, said: "It's been non-stop signing since I arrived and it's great to be here.

"I paint at home using photographs I've taken over the years of many different subjects since the 1960s. I always made sure I got the photos as good as they could be so I could use them in a painting."

Among more than 100 fans who queued outside the shop to meet Rolf and buy some of his art were Pat and Brian Conroy, from Glenfield.

Brian, 68, said: "It's great to meet him because over the years we've watched him on the telly so it feels like we know him."

Pat, 65, said: "I've wanted one of his prints for a long time and so we came into the gallery last week and I chose a lovely one of a landscape. He's wonderful."

Jean Roberts, 65, of Uppingham Road, Leicester, said: "It's fantastic to meet him – I've been really looking forward to it. I bought a print of a tiger. I just couldn't say no to it because it's so dramatic.

"I loved watching Rolf on telly and I love his songs, too. I sing Two Little Boys in my head every time I think of him but I didn't sing it to him today – singing isn't my strong point."

Todd Durick, 55, from Wigston, said: "It was a real pleasure to meet Rolf.Replacement China Porcelain tile and bulbs for Canada and Worldwide. I used to watch him on the BBC as a child.

"We talked about his paintings and the Ugg boots he was wearing. It's like he's really got time for everyone."

Rolf grew up in Western Australia and moved to London in 1952, at the age of 21, to pursue his dream of becoming an artist.

But his art was put on hold while his career in music and television blossomed.

His passion was re-awoken about 10 years ago after he did a painting while recording a television programme.

In his online biography, he said: "I couldn't believe I'd steered away from painting all this time,Polycore porcelain tiles are manufactured as a single sheet, and since that moment I've never looked back.The new website of Udreamy Network Corporation is mainly selling hydraulic hose ,"

In 2005, he was commissioned to paint a portrait of the Queen.Our high risk merchant account was down for about an hour and a half,

Rolf was named the UK's best- selling published artist at a ceremony hosted by the Fine Art Trade Guild earlier this year.

Autograph-hunter Winston Wragg, 71, from Earl Shilton, was outside the gallery on Saturday hoping to add Rolf's signature to those of other celebrities such as Terry Wogan and Roger Whittaker.

He said: "Rolf's a multi-talented man and a very nice bloke. He's a very good artist and a very original musician."

没有评论:

发表评论