2013年2月16日星期六

What's your Jericho?

Tooling through the aisles of a local superstore,Which Air purifier is right for you? trying to avoid the piles of merchandise being restocked, I overheard a creative but disgruntled employee. He was explaining a great idea he had for a new display.

His idea sounded colorful, eye-catching and informative. He had me wanting to buy the product. Yet I heard hesitancy in his voice as he began to assess how to achieve his goal.

Now, this was a superstore; the hardware section, a carpenter's dream.Service Report a problem with a street light. There was even an office supply section with various kinds of staples and alternatives to staples. Staples everywhere.

Problem was in order to get the staples it required a bit of effort. It was simply too much trouble. Creativity crushed.

Talk about a "that'll preach" video from God. I wouldn't have been surprised to have heard my name being called over the intercom, "This is God letting you know, don't quit. I've given you the creativity, the dream and the means to complete it all. You may have to sweat. It may take a lot of time talking to me, and it may take longer than you think, but do not quit. Persevere."

It reminds me of the ladies and I talking in Bible study, "What if Joshua quit marching around Jericho on the sixth trip around? One thing's for sure, no walls would have come tumbling down. What's your Jericho?

How many times have you quit before you even started? Was it because it seemed like it was going to take too much of your time? Was it a lack of resources? Was it just plain puttin' your neck on the line? Maybe it was a staple that stood between you and the work God has called you to complete.

I don't know about you, but I have a new bounce in my step. If God called us to do something for Him, He knows my time schedule and my resources. He is my resource. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills. He is able to sufficiently supply all our needs.

God will also be with me if it requires my neck being on the line. If I stand obedient to do the task before me, even if rejection occurs repeatedly, I can stand secure. I can because I serve God who is faithful to complete the work that He began in me.

He gave us His son. He gave it all that we might have life, abundant life. That means, with Him, we can have a life of accomplishing more than we ever thought or dreamed.Site describes services including Plastic Mould. So are you ready? Will you join with me? Let's get going on what He's calling us each to do today.

The postal service plans to transition to a new delivery schedule beginning Aug. 5, 2013. The new schedule includes package delivery Monday through Saturday and mail delivery Monday through Friday. The purpose is to generate a $2-billion annual cost savings, the post office said in a release.

Although Redding has four post offices, only the West Redding post office delivers mail.Like most of you, I'd seen the broken buy mosaic decorated pieces. The other three — Redding Center, Redding Ridge and Georgetown — offer window services and only have post office (PO) boxes.The cost of cleaning just 2 infected lenses is already higher than the cost of a dry cabinet. All four will remain open on Saturdays.

“The postal service is advancing an important new approach to delivery that reflects the strong growth of our package business and responds to the financial realities resulting from America’s changing mail habits,” said Patrick R. Donahue, postmaster general and CEO.

Over the past several years, the USPS has advocated shifting to a five-day delivery schedule for mail and packages. However, recent growth in package delivery (14% volume increase since 2010) and projections of continued strong package growth throughout the coming decade led to the revised approach to maintain package delivery six days a week, according to the release.

Maureen Marion, a U.S. Postal Service spokesperson, said the change is a “re-tooling” of postal operations and reflects what most customers consider critical for them.

Since 2006, said Ms. Marion, overall mail circulation has decreased by 20% to 25% while first class mail is down by one-third.

“It’s not just a change in the use of email, but a change in how the Internet has worked into our communications. We need to be right-sized for the way people use their mailboxes today. We still have an enormous volume of mail, but it is different than 10 years ago,” Ms. Marion said.

These deliveries will not require the same level of staff or vehicles as everyday mail delivery, Ms. Marion said. She said the mail service is not a tax-funded operation, but is paid for through mail service revenue.

Packages that will continue to be delivered on Saturdays include a wide range of items, from premium overnight express mail to priority boxes, to parcel post, to packages containing medication.

没有评论:

发表评论